Archive for Fun
A fantastic quiz and interactive application from the website team here at Ericsson. Can you build the Networked Society?
Can you make decisions about infrastructure, investment and support? Can you positively affect the world around you – and the people in it? Visit this to begin building your own Networked Society: http://buildthenetworkedsociety.com/
The Irish Traditional Italian Chippers Association (ITICA) has declared May 27th National Fish & Chips Day. Irish Fish and Chunky Chips (smothered in salt and vinegar) from a Irish Traditional Italian Chipper is just another great reason to live and work in Ireland. Why not see if we have a role for you: http://goo.gl/QAg4Hv
I thought I would share some interesting things about Africa for any of you who are considering joining the CHI – Ericsson’s Ireland-based Competency Hub that supplies talent to the region. Here goes:
- Sub Saharan Africa has a bigger land area than India and China combined.(wow)
- The number of languages spoken in Sub Saharan Africa is over a thousand.
- More oil is produced in Sub Saharan Africa than in the Middle East. (sorry EMEA!)
- Mobile Data penetration is expected to double by 2015
- The second largest market in the world for Guinness is Nigeria. (is this why the RSSA CHI is in Ireland?)
Plato, possibly the fist campaigner for equal rights, the philosopher was born this day 427 BC. He said:
If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same things.
Happy birthday Plato!